Monday, February 28, 2005

shēngrì kuàilè

shiny happy gridskippin robots
OMG i can't believe you remembered my birthday! yup, it was on saturday. you're so sweet. yeah i know, 24 already...scary, right? hopefully i'll get my life in order soon. transition fully into the "young adult" phase, convert my entire wardrobe to banana republic suits (marc jacobs suits when i hit 30), wear heels and full make-up daily, buy some real (non-ikea) furniture, and do my own taxes. eh. naw. that can wait until i'm 50 or so.

how did i celebrate without you? how sensitive of you to ask...considering that you didn't plan a surprise party for me or anything. not even a singing telegram! ok ok - watched a free screening of the gorgeous and intricate
"robots" in glorious imax (all by myself!), bought kitty food + toothbrush + bleach pen, washed a dirty dirty pile of unmentionables and socks, had brunch (carrot ginger soup + quiche + cappuchino) at cozy comfy cafe lafayette, ate a bitchin braut & kraut & 6 kinds of mustard (and a free bottle of beck's - karmic bday gift?) @ mandler's (supposedly chris noth's favorite meat stick joint), watched "boogeyman" (ugh), slept.

birthday dispute: austin scarlett of
project runway fame...born in 1982 or the slightly less youthful 1979? among the sweeping descriptors of his tortured (and sordid) childhood, the contents of his official homepage boast not a birth date.

either way
jay mccarroll kicks his butt.

my birthday wish? that my parents were creative as austin's mommy, debra little, in burpy baby christening - austin's two younger sisters are jolly jesslyn and kinky kelsea.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that Austin was definitely born a few yrs before '82. I'm from town where he went to high school and was in his youngest sister Kelsea's class (a good friend of her boyfriend) There was some scandal over him being prom queen that took place, and this was before I entered high school. I was born in '83.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home